Robotics and Beveling
A leading American motorcycle manufacturer was looking for a robot that could precisely cut the steel that defines the classic look of their bikes.
Only Thermal Dynamics® robotics could deliver the right cut because our XTR™ Robotic Torch offered the accuracy and performance they demanded.
Smaller, lighter and with optimised consumable parts, the XTR Robotic Torch installs easily on a robot without any loss of accuracy or performance. This torch is designed with built-in leads that offer reduced weight, increased flexibility, and robustness, which offers extreme durability in repeated articulated motions. Both the consumable parts and torch body are engineered to precisely lock into place for absolute alignment, and to remain perfectly positioned cut after cut.
The Ultra-Cut® XT system is also capable of extremely precise and powerful bevel cutting. Due to specifically engineered consumable parts, it can bevel cut 32mm plate at 45°. The torch leads are extremely flexible and protected by a Kevlar® sleeve to stand up to high intensity automated bevel-head cutting applications.
Robots offer cost and performance advantages for mild steel,
stainless steel and aluminium. Ultra-Cut® XT with the XTR Robotic Torch
is the best tool for robotic or bevel-head cutting.
For precision robotics and beveling, select Thermal Dynamics. Robotics and Beveling are just a few of the many True Solutions for precision cutting found in the Thermal Dynamics product line.
- Short torch mounting tube for improved articulation and ease of access
- Specifically engineered profile/bevel cutting consumable parts for accuracy and flexibility
- Light and flexible, robust torch leads
- Torch mounting index marks for precise torch positioning
- Consumables starting at 15A
- Typical System: Ultra-Cut® XT 100, 200, 300, 400
- Torch positioning tool for point-to-point programming